2014 was a weird year.
It started with migraines and ended with gastroenteritis, but in the middle there were some pretty good times. There were some bad ones, as well, but on balance it was an alright year in the personal world.
I've got to think that if you include all the stuff that happened in the world, and there seemed an unnecessarily large amount of it, maybe that would change. But this is a personal and kink blog, and I'm reviewing this in the light of my personal, kinky life.
In a way, the year kind of came full circle - we started out with a renewed dynamic, and we ended with a renewed dynamic. In the middle, there were times where it fell apart, and they weren't good. But as we close in on our second wedding anniversary, I feel like our relationship has never been stronger.
I think that's the real lesson I've taken from this year, across all the areas of my life. Persistence and an ability change the way you do things if the results displease you are the keys to doing things well. Being pleased with little steps and taking pride in them, rather than going for the big win or the quick fix. Not rushing things.
I don't really go in for new years resolutions, but if I did, these would be mine. Just to continue the way things are going- a slow, steady, upwards trend. Also, I'd like to lose about 10 more kilos, but that's neither really here nor there.
Seems like I should be paying more attention to the little things. This year was busy as fuck, we tried and did so many big and little things. Our holidays, our trip to OzKinkFest, trying watersports, all the scenes and fucking, and all the other moments and developments. It's honestly a blur, a lot of it, but it's a happy blur.
I look forwards to next year, and hope it's just as happy and less of a blur.
No comments:
Post a Comment